I stumbled upon a cool blog which simply states that it’s about beauty, fashion, and entertainment. It’s called Fleur Luxe and the author, Kimberly Espinoza, provides a wealth of knowledge for those of us who are fashion dumb dumbs. From the very first page, she gives us tips on shoe size, provides the 411 on the Sigma Travel Brushes, and introduces us to new music. All the articles goes into great detail, and they’re even accompanied by diagrams. I wouldn’t be surprised if she turned her blog into a beauty and fashion textbook. Also, just like Pixics, she’s holding giveaways on her site as well. If anything, that should be enough reason to follow her, unless you hate free.
So I wanted to find out a little more about the brains behind the blog, so I asked Kimberly a few questions to help enlighten us about her process.
1. So tell us a little about your background? Where to start? I’m from New Orleans, LA and I love my city! New Orleans, along with my parent’s Nicaraguan roots, have taught me to appreciate culture and see the beauty in simpler things. I’m currently a college graduate in the pursuit of a Masters in Speech Therapy… in the mean time I’ve been in retail at a very popular shoe company. I’m a big lover of fashion, retro style, and most things geeky!!
2. Why were you inspired to write about beauty, fashion, and entertainment? Beauty, fashion, and entertainment are things that I truly enjoy so naturally I am very enthusiastic about putting in my “two cents”. I am always on the look out for new trends and great music so making Fleur Luxe came naturally. As you can see from my background, I have inspiration all around me. Honestly, I started my blog out of pure boredom and now its like a part time job that I love! Also, when I see websites like Temptalia I get sooo encouraged to keep typing! Temptalia is all about beauty but her blog is so in depth and professional!
3. Your articles look in-depth, and it even seems like you create alaphabetical diagrams. Is there a lot of preperation that goes into writing a review? It all depends on the topic that I’m writing about. Sometimes, I can throw up an article in an hour… then again it can take up to a few days to gather photos and information. Also, if I am reviewing a product, I like to use the product for about a week before I make an opinion. I love doing research and taking my own photos so there is a lot of preparation that goes into it. I have just recently started making alphabetical diagrams and I think I will continue to use them. I feel like it renders a magazine feel to my blog.
4.When will your jewelry line be released, and how did you learn to make jewelry? I am aiming to release my jewelry line in the middle of August! Its very feminine and retro inspired. I am actually self taught! I picked up the craft during middle school. I pretty much studied jewelry and mimicked the designs. I eventually got real training from my sister’s friend who is a pro at it. Its very enjoyable. I do plan on making tutorials for those who are interested in learning!
5. What are your plans for the future of Fleur Luxe? Where would you like it to go? I honestly can say that I would like Fleur Luxe to just be a place where people can come share their opinions and get tips and information on their favorite things. Eventually, I would like it to be more like E-zine where I have guest authors who chime in on a weekly basis on their area of expertise. I’m also a big fan of video games so I eventually want to make the entertainment portion of my blog into something broader that would attract male readers as well.
6. Is there anything you would like to say to my readers? Of course! If you are an aspiring blogger, just know that whatever it is you want to write about needs to be your passion. Also, if you stop by Fleur Luxe, say hi and tell me what you think!!
Add this to your blog:
(Copy & paste code)